SOLD OUT! Don’t worry. You shouldn’t find it hard to track down a copy somewhere else (see list below).
NZ distribution and album downloads: Dunedinmusic.com
For remaining copies inquire at
- Avalanche Records (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)
- Discy (Landsberg, Bavaria, Germany)
- Dunedinmusic.com (Dunedin, NZ)
- Flight 13 (Freiburg i. Br., Baden-Wuerttemberg, Germany)
- Flying Out (Auckland, NZ)
- Love Music (Glasgow, Scotland, UK)
- Recordbag (Vienna, Vienna, Austria)
- Relics (Dunedin, NZ)
- Toitu Otago Settlers Museum (Dunedin, NZ)
Title: Ae Fond Kiss
Catalogue Number: ZR004
Release Date: 03 November, 2015
Artwork: David Mitchell, Robert Scott
Released in cooperation with Dunedinmusic.com.
A celebration of the songs and poems of Robert Burns – interpreted and recorded by Dunedinites and Dunedin ex-pats in 2014 and 2015.
1. Eden Smith: A Man’s A Man For A’ That 2:13
2. Matt Langley: To Ruin 3:33
3. Cookie Brooklyn and the Crumbs: Beware of Bonnie Anne 2.20
4. David Mitchell: Rocket Ship Caledonian 5:33
5. Darryl Baser: The Wild Mountainside 1:48
6. Bill Direen: There’s a Youth In This City 4:10
7. Seafog: Ae Fond Kiss 4:17
8. The Maitlands: Sweetest May 2:30
9. The David Lynch Mob: O Wert Thou In the Cauld Blast 4:24
10. Robert Scott: Green Grow the Rashes O 3:02
11. Baa Baa and the Black Sheep: Death and the Dying Words of Poor Mailie 4:20
12. AJ Sharma: To Ruin 4:56
13. Hamish & David Kilgour: The Collected Complete Works of Robbie Burns 2:48
14. Rosa, Rachel and Chelsea: My Love Is Like a Red Red Rose 3:19
“I liked how the artists took their source and ran with it. It has created such a mix of styles, from the more traditional stylings, such as Matt Langley‘s Celtic tinged rendition of To Ruin, to the experimental and eclectic, like AJ Sharma‘s interpretation of the same poem, which is the standout track for me. You couldn’t find two different tracks with the same origin.” To read the complete MUZIC.NET.NZ review, click HERE.
Check https://zellerecords.wordpress.com/ae-fond-kiss-zelles-robbie-burns-on-vinyl-project/ for more details.